2023 Whale & Dolphin Watching Season Pass
- Season Pass for 1 Valid for any 2hr or 3hr trip
Unlock a Year Full of Unlimited Boat Cruises in Cape May, N.J.!
Skip the high costs of boat ownership and step aboard the American Star for any regularly scheduled two hour Dolphin Watch or three hour Whale, Dolphin, & Bird Watch in 2023. After purchasing a season pass, you will need to make a reservation in advance with your code to reserve your spot onboard. Join us for a year of whale and dolphin watching with boat cruises in Cape May, N.J. The season pass is not valid on Pelagic Cruises, Winter Wildlife Cruises, or other specialty cruises.
Is there parking available onsite?
– Yes, we have free parking available onsite in our designated Whale Watch parking lot. An attendant will be onsite to guide you to the appropriate free parking lot.
Are there bathrooms on the boat?
– Yes, the American Star is equipped with 4 restrooms onboard.
What happens in the event of bad weather?
– Our trips sail rain or shine! We have a full indoor cabin, several outdoor covered areas, and ponchos available onboard. If the Captain cancels the cruise in the event of severe weather (Tropical storm, hurricane, etc.), you will be offered the option to reschedule to a future trip.
Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
– We strongly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance to guarantee your spot on board. Our trips often sell out.
Are there food/drinks available onboard?
– Yes, we do have a full galley, bar, and gift shop onboard that accepts cash or credit card.
Can I bring outside food or drinks onboard?
– Yes, outside food and beverages are allowed onboard, however, no coolers or outside alcoholic beverages are permitted. We do have a full galley and bar available onboard.
Do I need to wear a life-jacket onboard?
– No. We have life-jackets for every passenger onboard and they are used for emergency purposes only. The United States Coast Guard annually inspects all safety equipment onboard the American Star, and your captain will give a detailed safety briefing as your cruise departs.
When is the best time to see whales and dolphins?
– We sight Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins daily from March to December 98% of the time. Baleen Whales such as the Humpback, Fin, Minke, and Right Whale migrate through our area throughout the entire year. Each year varies as to what the best months are, however on average, whales are sighted 68% of the time. The beauty of our cruises is that you are traveling through these animals natural habitat and each trip is different from the next!
Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
– Depending on tide conditions, there may be several steps to get onboard the American Star. Standard manual wheelchairs can be lifted onboard by mates, however, due to their weight, power wheelchairs cannot be accommodated at this time.
Can I take a stroller on board?
– Yes, strollers are welcome on board.
Will I get seasick on this cruise?
– The American Star is 100ft long and very stable in our Atlantic Ocean conditions. If you are susceptible to motion sickness, we recommend taking precautions with Dramamine, Bonine or Sea Bands. These are available at the dock.
Is there shade on the boat?
– The American Star was custom built for sightseeing with passenger comfort in mind. There is a spacious inside cabin available to keep you out of the elements as well as numerous shaded areas outside on deck.
Will the boat be crowded?
– The American Star is a 100ft long vessel custom built for sightseeing. It has seating for over 250 passengers, however, we limit our trips to 149 passengers so you can always rest assured that you will have plenty of room onboard to enjoy your cruise!
Can I smoke onboard
– No, the American Star is a nonsmoking vessel.